Scholarship websites Listed on right panel
Scholarships can be a helpful way to fund your college education. They provide you with free money that can go towards tuition or other educational expenses.
To find and apply for scholarships, sign up for Going Merry (https://www.goingmerry.com) -- it’s free! Going Merry has thousands of national, regional, and local scholarships. There are also opportunities for every grade level, from freshmen to seniors.
To sign up, go to: https://app.goingmerry.com/sign-up#students
You can also download the Going Merry mobile app (and sign up that way) on iOS or Android.
Here are some reasons why I recommend Going Merry above other scholarship sites:
- Scholarship bundles: You can apply to multiple scholarships using one application and the same essay prompt.
- Vetted scholarships: The Going Merry team personally reviews every scholarship listing on the site, to ensure the scholarship program is still active and the information is correct.
- Personal matching: Once signed up, you’ll answer a few questions to fill out a basic profile, and then get matched to scholarships that fit your background, academics, interests, etc.
- Clear organization: You can shortlist favorites and get deadline reminders about them. All drafts and applications are saved, and you’ll get updates on the scholarships you’ve applied to.
- Direct, auto-filled applications: You can apply to many scholarships directly on the site (with forms helpfully pre-filled).
Happy applying--and good luck winning, like these students did!)
College Board Opportunity Scholarships
I wanted to share this Amazing Opportunity for your students. The College Board Opportunity Scholarships program is now available for all juniors. Since 2018, nearly one million students have joined this program, which provides students with a digital college planning guide and chances to earn $500 for each action they complete. When students complete all six steps, they earn a chance at a $40,000 scholarship. Students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year have double the chances to earn scholarships.
High school juniors can visit cb.org/opportunity to join. This year, the College Board Opportunity Scholarships is introducing some changes, all to support more students with planning and paying for college, especially in these challenging times:
- More Winners: Starting with the class of 2022, the program will recognize even more students. More than 7,000 students will earn a scholarship each year, nearly double the number of winners recognized in previous years.
- New Explore Scholarships Step: There is a new step to help students find other scholarships that may be a good fit for them. Students can earn chances at $500 scholarships by exploring a personalized list of scholarships and other aid on College Board Scholarship Search.
- Practice for the SAT Step: This simplified step guides students to get started with personalized skill recommendations, a best practice behavior associated with higher score gains. Students can become eligible for $500 scholarships by completing one Timed Mini Section or one Diagnostic Quiz on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy.
The earlier juniors get started, the more opportunities to earn scholarships! Between January and March, we will award $500 scholarships to 3,000 juniors who build a college list or practice for the SAT. All students can earn one of these scholarships, even students who never dreamt they could get a scholarship.
The program is also still available for seniors through February 28, 2021. Seniors can still become eligible for College Board Opportunity Scholarships by joining the program, completing the FAFSA and applying to two or more colleges.
§ The College Board is committing $25 million in scholarships over the next five years. (year 2 of 5)
§ 4,000 students each year earn scholarships ranging from $500 to $40,000.
§ Half of the scholarships are designated for students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year.
Horatio Alger Scholarship Program
State Scholarhips-Scholarships valued at $10,000 available in every state to high school seniors planning to pursue a bachelor's degree
CTE Scholarships-Check out these programs if you are interested in pursuing an associate's degree or certificate program.
Carl Graves TBD 2021 4pm up to $6000
Rustic Pathways TBD 2021 $1000
RCOE Various Opportunities TBD 2021 TBD
The Great Unknowns Scholarship TBD 2021 $5000
SigEp Varies $Varies
The Yearly Pacific Bay Recovery
$5000 Scholarship Award 12/31/2020 $5000
2021 El Dabe Ritter Scholarship 06/30/2021 $1500
Paper Scholarships must be turned in to Ms. Ward
*For PTA Scholarships, you must be a member of the PTA. You can sign up and pay your dues here:
* While we are out of school, please submit your scholarship applications via email (One complete file): email@example.com
* You may notice that the deadlines listed may not reflect what is printed on the applications. Please be assured that these deadlines have changed and are shown below.
Name Deadline Amount
Lake Elsinore Elks Ladies January 26, 2021 Varies
Kennedie June Von Ryan TBD 2021 Varies
Assistance League of Temecula March 5, 2021 $1000
23rd District PTA April 16, 2021 Varies
Ashley Megan Bucklin TBD 2021 Varies
Elsinore Women's Club TBD 2021 Varies
TCHS PTSA TBD 2021 Varies
Canyon Lake JWC TBD 2021 Varies
Canyon Lake Fine Arts Guild TBD 2021 Varies
PTSA Council TBD 2021 Varies
Cops for Kids (3 forms below) TBD 2021 Varies
Canyon Lake 9'ers TBD 2021 Varies
Canyon Lake Women's Club TBD 2021 Varies
Request for Letter of Recommendation
Searching for Scholarships-