Temescal Canyon High School Mission
Through a shared commitment with our community, we ensure rigorous, relevant, and globally competitive opportunities for each student in a supportive learning environment.
Temescal Canyon High School Vision
The vision of Temescal Canyon High school is to provide interdisciplinary instruction and curriculum that is challenging, innovative and globally minded. Each student’s success both in high school and in future endeavors is reinforced through the partnership of home, school and community.
Temescal Canyon High School Student Learner Outcomes
Temescal Canyon High School graduates will demonstrate:
Use effective communication skills to work as a team to solve problems with people who have different beliefs and values.
Use effective group skills, such as delegation and acceptance of responsibility in order to establish and accomplish significant goals.
Contribute time, energies and talents to improve the quality of life in our school, communities, nation and world.
Demonstrate positive, productive and informed citizenship.
Establish, practice and support appropriate hygiene, proper nutrition, and physical fitness.
Recognize a health hazard and work to eliminate it from our lives and from the environment.
Demonstrate skill in dealing with stress, exhibiting self‑discipline, and resolving conflicts through positive, nonviolent alternative actions.
- Read: Locate, understand and interpret written information in prose and in documents such as manuals, graphs and schedules.
- Write: Communicate thoughts, ideas, information and messages in writing.
- Listen: Interpret, evaluate and respond to the message of others. conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning.
- Speak: Deliver effective oral presentations, tailored to the audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate proficiency in mathematical computation and reasoning.
- Use critical thinking skills to gather, evaluate, process and synthesize information.
- Implement and use current technology to develop, create and produce intellectual, artistic, practical and physical works.
- Take responsibility for setting lifelong goals for personal and professional growth and develop plans to achieve these goals.
- Promote ongoing self‑evaluation and reflection regarding goals and objectives.
- Be aware of the connection between academic performance and the pursuit of a selected career
“Setting the Standard for Excellence”