CLASS OF 2021 GRADUATION INFORMATION
Graduation Seating Form
It's time to select your row for seating at graduation. The lottery is on Wednesday May 5th at 1:00 pm. Zoom Link for Seating Lottery
Here are the details that were sent over parent square. Use this link to put your group in the lottery- Due Saturday May 1st. Please read the directions carefully!
It's time for you to select the friends that you want to sit with at graduation. Per our tradition, seniors will be able to choose who they sit with during the ceremony. A lottery will be held on Wednesday May 5th at 1:00 pm over zoom for students to select their graduation row.
Here are the details:
1) On June 2nd, multiple graduation ceremonies will be held for the Class of 2021. The number of ceremonies and times are still TBD, but will be sent out as soon as they are available.
2) Seniors will choose 1 person to be the group leader. That person collects ID #'s and names from the people in their group and will complete the online graduation seating form. Each group can have up to 10 people. It is not necessary to have a complete row, your group can consist of 1 to 10 total people.
3) The group leader will complete the graduation seating form no later than Saturday May 1st. Only 1 form per group! Each students name can only be on 1 form and every senior should have their name in a group and on a form- even if they don't care where they sit.
4) All forms submitted on time will be entered into a lottery. The group leader will attend the lottery on May 5th and when his/her name is drawn, select the ceremony time and the row the group wants to sit in at graduation. It is NOT necessary for all members of the group to be present at the lottery, (although they can) but the group leader MUST be present and know where the group would prefer to sit.
5) A seating map will be online and sent out no later than Monday May 3rd for all seniors and parents to look at prior to needing to choose a row.
6) Any senior who does not submit a seating form and/or does not attend the lottery will be assigned a graduation time and seat based on what is left after the lottery. All seniors who want to walk will have a seat at one of the ceremonies.
Graduation will be IN PERSON this year on June 2nd in our stadium.
Honor Cord Verification
Seniors are eligible to graduate with honors in one or more departments. Department chairs submit qualified student names to administration. But, to ensure that no senior is missed, we have an Honor Cord verification process. To confirm your eligibility for Honor Cords, please complete the Honor Cord Verification form found to the right. This must be submitted along with a copy of your transcript to Mrs. Ward via e-mail to Tracy.email@example.com
. Verification forms are due by March 26th.
Senior College Banners
Temescal Canyon HS would like to honor our seniors acceptance into your preferred college or military branch by having TCHS sponsor the production of College/Military acceptance banners. They are customized and will be hung around campus throughout the school year and displayed at the senior walk- out rally and graduation ceremony. After the graduation ceremony, they will be picked up by your family as a keep-sake. These are a great way to celebrate your college choice and the transition to a new chapter in your life. Banners are currently on sale for only $45. Please fill out the electronic form below Banners must be ordered by May 10th to be hung up at graduation. Order early though so yours can be displayed at school.
COLLEGE BANNER ORDER FORM
Cap and Gowns Orders:
All students must order a cap and gown for graduation. Gowns can be purchased or borrowed. All students MUST register at www.socalrecognition.com
and then complete an online order form. There are 2 ways to do this:
1) Purchasing a Cap/Gown Unit
: Information on graduation items for purchase can be obtained from www.socalrecognition.com.
After you have registered, all of the items for Temescal Canyon's graduation and optional items for your student will show up there. Complete your purchase through the online portal. The cap/gown package INCLUDES everything you need for graduation- cap/gown/tassel/medallion. No need to purchase additional items unless you want them.
There are several promotional codes offered by Socal Recognition that you can use. Type the promo code in at the conclusion of your order.
CURRENT PROMO CODES (Case Sensitive)
25OFFDIP = 25% OFF Custom Diploma Plaques
SpringGrad21 = 10% OFF Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Packages
ColdNights20 = 20% OFF Senior Sherpa Pullover OR Senior Performance Hoodie Sweatshirt
**Promo Codes are applicable through March 1, 2021 and must be applied at the time of checkout (cannot be applied retroactively once an order is completed).**
2) Borrowing a Cap/Gown: If borrowing a gown, loaner gown order forms must be completed and turned in electronically to Socal Recognition. The Loaner cap/gown form can be found to the right. Please complete this form if you are borrowing a gown from a friend or family member as well. This ensures that we have a medallion and 2021 tassel for you. The loaner cap/gown package also includes everything needed for graduation- cap/gown/tassel/medallion and there is NO COST to you to borrow a cap/gown. Loaner gowns will be returned after the graduation ceremony.
THE DEADLINE FOR CAP AND GOWN ORDERS IS 3/1/21.
Cap and gowns will be delivered to seniors at the Senior Class meeting in May OR via a drive up delivery if we are not back in school.
Seniors MAY NOT alter their cap or gown in any way.
Graduation Signing and Singing Auditions
All seniors are eligible to audition to sing or sign the National Anthem at graduation. Here is the information that was sent out on Parent Square for auditions.
If you would like to audition to be a sign language interpreter for the national anthem, to sing the national anthem OR to sing an inspirational/motivational class song for TCHS’s graduation, please sign up using this link - Graduation Audition Sign Ups - and submit a video audition of yourself by May 9th to our shared onedrive folder- Graduation Singing & Signing Audition Folder:
Here are some important details about the process:
1. There will be no in-person singing or signing at the ceremony. You will be prerecorded and it will play during the virtual ceremony that will include all seniors regardless of the in person ceremony they attend.
2. The National anthem will be a cappella.
3. For the senior song, you need a background track / canned music, without a vocalist (karaoke style). No a cappella for this.
4. You may send an audition video for both the senior song and national anthem if you’d like. 1 person for each will be selected unless we have no optimal choice for the senior song based on auditions.
5. 2 sign language interpreters will be chosen unless only 1 is the optimal choice based on auditions.
6. Audition videos will be judged by TCHS staff and the students selected will be notified via e-mail and phone call. Students will then be scheduled for a time to come to Cherished Memories photography and film their song or signing in studio while wearing a cap and gown to be shown during the graduation video.
7. If you are singing, please make sure the audio on your audition video is good with no background noise. Both singers and signers need to film landscaped or horizontal not vertical. When you submit, label your video- first name.last name. title of song (ex: cari.strange.national anthem)
Questions? Contact Mrs. Strange at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Lofquist at email@example.com.