LAKE ELSINORE—the Board of Trustees is proud to announce the following administrative appointments and new hires for the winter/spring term 2020-21. Congratulations to each of our veteran and newest administrative team members recognized below:
School Principal (new hire)
Assistant Principals (change of assignments)
- Steven Fitch—moving from AP, Cottonwood Canyon Elementary to AP, Ortega High School, a TK-12 administrative leadership opportunity.
- Lambert Merlo—moving from AP, Temescal Canyon HS to Coordinator of Child Welfare and Attendance, a new position in support of CWA at the District Office.
Administrative Appointments – District Office
- Elizabeth Atkinson—from Principal, Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School to Coordinator II, LCAP and Community Engagement, a new position in support of Student & Instructional Support Services as LCAP scope and compliance monitoring continues to expand.
- Dr. Steve Behar—from Director of Child Welfare and Attendance to Director II, Child Welfare and Attendance, Children and Family Services and MS Curriculum and Instruction, an expansion of duties with the consolidation of our CFS and CWA divisions.
- Kate Dampier—from Program Specialist, Middle School to Coordinator, Special Education, filling a vacancy in the Special Education division.
- Gene Durham—from Director of Transportation and Facilities Services to Director II, School Operations (Classified), an expansion of duties in support of Facilities and M&O divisions.
- Adria Galarza—from Supervisor of Children and Family Services to Coordinator of Children and Family Services, an expansion of duties in support of the CFS division.
- Myron Gray—please welcome Mr. Gray as our Director of Transportation. Mr. Gray has been a Regional Transportation Manager for the Los Angeles Unified School District since May 2003. His 37 year career with LAUSD includes experience as a Transportation Planner, Area Bus Supervisor, Bus Routing Assistant, and Bus Driver. He holds a B.S. Degree in Business Administration from CSU, Los Angeles, and an A.A. Degree in Liberal Arts from West Los Angeles Community College.
- James Judziewicz—from Director of School Operations to Director II, School Operations (Certificated), an expansion of duties in the Facilities and Operations divisions.
- Shannon Pinck--from Coordinator, Special Education to Assistant Director, Special Education, an expansion of duties and new position in support of our Special Education division.
- Arleen Sanchez—from Chief Business Official to Assistant Superintendent Fiscal Support Services, an expansion of duties in Administrative and Fiscal Support Services including Bond finance oversight.
- Melissa Valdez—please welcome Ms. Valdez as our Public Information Officer. Valdez most recently served as Public Affairs Manager at the East Valley Water District. She has extensive municipal and governmental communications experience with the Oxnard Police Department as Coordinator of Community and Media Outreach, and as Program Manager with the City of Hawaiian Gardens. Ms. Valdez holds an M.A. Degree in Public Administration from CSU, Long Beach, and a B.A. in Public Administration from CSU Dominguez Hills.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees and Superintendent Dr. Doug Kimberly, we commend the entire Administrative Team and newest members for their experience and outstanding qualifications to propel the district forward in 2021.