Temescal Canyon High School takes pride in making all of our food selections the same day they are served to ensure that the items are always fresh. Substitutions may be necessary on the items from time to time.
Every student may purchase a prepaid meal ticket on a weekly or monthly basis or pay $2.50 daily for our specialty lunch. Specialty lunches include one entree, small salad or fruit, french fries and milk. Breakfast includes one entree, small juice and milk. Federal regulations require Food Services to offer all five food items contained within the four components of the lunch pattern. Students may choose no less than three of any of the five components and therefore no substitutions can be accepted for specialty lunches or breakfast.
The Government has a new healthier program insuring you get less than 30% fat and 2,000 calories a day. If you have a current free or reduced meal application on file in the District, it is necessary that these instructions be followed. Meal applications are available in the cafeteria or counseling office at any time during the school year.
* “Special meals” are programmed in the food services computers when the application is turned in to the kitchen Supervisor and is approved within 24 hours.
* The student will “put in” his/her student number at the register. It is very important you not give your number to another student as they could get your food.
* The number can only be used once before school or at break for breakfast and once at lunch.
* When your number is entered at the register, it will say if you are free, reduced or prepaid and will then subtract the money from your account. Prepaid is available for parents who wish to pay for food in advance.
* Please pitch in to keep our campus clean. Use the trash receptacles provided to dispose of your food and/or paper products.
Food Service Rules and Regulations and Guidelines
* In order to better serve you, please form a SINGLE LINE before entering the cafeteria lines.
* Credit is not extended for breakfast or lunch.
* We are unable to accept bills larger than $20.
* Students are not allowed in the kitchen.
* The cafeteria closes after lunch and no purchases can be made after that time.
Our cafeteria staff works hard to provide you many selections of nutritious foods. We open for breakfast at 7:40 a.m. and are also open for break. We try to offer as many of the following items on a frequent basis to better serve you.
Muffins, cheese pizza, hostess items, sausage & cheese biscuit, cream cheese bagels, power alley bars, cereal, cinnamon rolls and buttermilk bars.
Fruit juice, hot cocoa, milk, chilled fruit and Sunny Delight.
Lunch Menu: (Inside)
Cheeseburgers, chicken burgers, burritos, french fries, ham/cheese & turkey/cheese sandwich on assorted breads, tossed garden salad, Caesar salad w/choice of dressing, fruit/Jell-O cups, milk, assorted drinks, assorted chips/snacks, fresh melon, yogurts and Dominos Pizza slices.
Lunch Menu: (Outside)
BBQ hamburgers, BBQ hot dogs (when available), BBQ bacon cheeseburgers, BBQ chicken burgers, Domino’s pepperoni pizza/bread sticks, Taco Bell burritos, cheese nachos, hostess snack items, ice cream, yogurt, assorted Frito Lay chips, assortment of sodas, Sub sandwich, instant soup and Subway subs.
Please Make Sure Every Effort Is Made to Keep the TCHS Campus Clean