2022-2023 Season Information
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED AS SCHOOLYEAR APPROACHES
ANY ATHLETE WANTING TO PARTICIPATE IN TRACK AND FIELD MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Completed Physical Form that is valid throughout the entirety of our season
2. Sportsware account with ALL forms uploaded and signed
3. Appropriate shoes for practice and meets:
- Quality running shoes when doing non-track work (no Converse, Vans, or any non-athletic running shoes will be allowed)
- Sprinters (100m, 200m, 400m, and Hurdles) must have running spikes with 3/16 pyramid spikes
- Jumpers (Long, Triple, and High) must have jump-specific spikes
- Throwers (Shot Put, Discus) must have throwing shoes
- Distance (800m, 1600m, 3200m) must have distance spikes
4. Appropriate clothes for practice:
- Gym/running shorts (preferably school colors only: Blue, White, Black, Grey)
- Gym/running shirts (preferably school colors only: Blue, White, Black, Grey)
5. Water Bottle
Anticipate all practices to be 3:45pm-6pm until otherwise noted, Monday-Friday. All practices will be a combination of drills, event-specific training, and weight lifting. Your responsibility is to be prepared by hydrating and maintaining proper nutrition.
The following must be abided by each day:
1. Be ON TIME to practice. Frequent tardiness will result in being removed from our program. Remember, it should be an honor to represent the Track and Field program, treat it as such.
2. Be engaged and active in all drills, event-specific training, and weight lifting. Continuous off-hand behavior may result in removal from our program. We desire to have fun, however, fun should not come at the expense of quality practice. Learn to do both effectively.
3. Strength Training/Weight Room is NOT optional. Any athlete continuously missing weight room or strength training will be removed from our program.
4. Do NOT do MORE after practice. That means, don't go to the gym after practice and hit a lifting session of your own. Do not run on your own to build more speed or endurance or basic conditioning. Keep in mind, that our entire season is built around training cycles for athletes to peak (meaning hit PRs and be at their best) during the championship season. Any deviation or additional training intensity/volume that is not accounted for will have negative effects on the training plans, therefore, resulting in declines at the championship phase of our training cycle.
TRACK & FIELD, Girls: Coach Evans
TRACK & FIELD, Boys: Coach Folkes